Good design takes into consideration both the grand plans and the fine details.
If you’re preparing to launch a WordPress website, we’ve prepared a list of things you can go through to make sure everything’s tied down and running shipshape.
It covers a whole range of areas:
- Basic site functionality
- Important SEO settings to give potential visitors an easy time finding you
- Content titbits you may have missed
- Accessibility metrics to make your site friendly to less able visitors (good accessibility has real SEO benefit to boot)
- Performance improvements that’ll make your pages load faster
- Security. Sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite. Make a spare bed just in case they do.
Some of these tips are pretty simple, some may sound like gobbledygook, but they’ll all contribute to making sure your site performs the very best it can.
I challenge you to see if you can get your website launch checklist percentage to 100% complete. Feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of the post if you’d like anything explaining.